Information Security Engineer
Satelytics is looking for an Information Security Engineer who will help plan, implement, upgrade, and monitor security protocols for the protection of the organizations computer networks and information. While the main duty of this role is Information Security, the candidate is also expected to be able to help on small IT support tasks. The successful applicant must have good communication and collaboration skills, an analytical mind, be adept at problem-solving, and possess excellent time-management skills.
- Paid Time off
- 401(k) and Matching
- Dental, Vision, Health Insurance
- Fun place to work and grow
- Collaborates with users to discuss computer data access needs, to identify security threats and violations, and to identify and recommend needed programming or process changes.
- Install and use software, such as firewalls and data encryption programs, to protect organizations’ sensitive information. Also assist computer users with installation or processing of new security products and procedures.
- Conduct periodic scans of networks to find any vulnerability and conduct penetration testing to highlight or find any weaknesses that might be exploited by a malicious party.
- Constantly monitor the organization’s networks and systems for security breaches or intrusions. Install software that helps to notify of intrusions, and watch out for irregular system behavior.
- Involved in incident response activities to minimize the impact and partake in the technical and forensic investigation into how the breach happened and the extent of the damage. Prepare reports of the findings to be reported to management.
- Reviews violations of security procedures; provides training to ensure violations do not recur.
- Monitors and restricts access to sensitive, confidential, or other high-security data.
- Safeguards system security and improves overall server and network efficiency by training users and promoting security awareness.
- Research the latest in information technology security trends to keep up to date with the subject and use the latest technology to protect information.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent education or work experience
- 1+ years of Information Security experience
- 1+ years of experiences with Windows and Linux Operation system
- Demonstration of automating routine tasks with shell or python scripts
- Proficient, or able to gain proficiency with, a broad array of security software applications and tools
- Thorough understanding of computer-related security systems including firewalls, encryption, and password protection and authentication
- Knowledge of disaster recovery, computer forensic tools, technologies and methods
- Experience in a system administration role supporting multiple platforms and applications
- Ability to communicate network security issues to peers and management
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Organized with attention to detail
- Preferred not required: familiar with linux and docker