Project Scientist - R&D
Satelytics is seeking a self-driven, highly motivated remote sensing scientist to assist our R&D Department with expanding our Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR)-based applications. The ideal candidate will be familiar with a wide range of SAR imagery and processing workflows, including but not limited to: change detection, vegetation applications, hydrocarbon detection, object detection, DSM/DTM creation, and other applications of SLC and Multi-look images. The duties of the position will require you to innovate new solutions to problems faced by our customers.
The Satelytics R&D team focuses on creative problem solving, developing new workflows and products, and producing robust and repeatable algorithms. As part of the R&D team, you will work independently and as part of a small group to innovate solutions using traditional and newly-developed methodologies.
- Paid Time off
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Preprocess and correct SAR imagery from a variety of sources and sensors, including geometric distortions, orthorectification, variation in illumination, speckle, and radiometric calibration.
- Develop and test new and established methodologies using SAR polarimetry and interferometry.
- Explore, organize, and analyze data from a variety of sources, including commercial and publicly available radar imagery.
- Read and summarize journal articles to stay up-to-date on imagery platforms and applications.
- Advise our professional services team on suitable sensors to meet client demands.
- Script robust and repeatable algorithms and workflows.
- Report findings and recommendations to team leaders and management as new applications are developed.
- Provide remote sensing support to other teams across Satelytics and assist with projects as assigned.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in remote sensing, geoscience, physics, mathematics, or a related field.
- Proven experience working with a variety of SAR sensors and applications in a professional environment.
- Python, R, or similar scripting experience required.
- Ability to apply radiometric science concepts to determine physical characteristics of surficial features.
- Ability to codify the automated analysis of radiometry via robust algorithms written in Python, R, or other scripting languages.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organization and time-management skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently.