Satelytics is seeking a Software Engineer to help design and implement new systems and features, as well as modify and maintain existing systems for adaptation to business and/or technology changes. This position engages directly with IT management, development teams, technical delivery teams, and clients to ensure the successful design, development, and delivery of technology-based solutions.
- Paid Time off
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Health Insurance
• Contribute to the ongoing evolution of the existing portfolio of applications and services.
• Design, develop, modify, implement, and support software components anywhere in the Software stack.
• Determine root cause for the most complex software issues and develop practical, efficient, and permanent technical solutions.
• Remain current on new technologies and available vendor packages; evaluate and make recommendations as necessary.
• Determine process improvements, best practices, and develop new processes.
• Work in close partnership with cross-functional teams and management.
• Masters degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
• 3-5 years of experience developing web applications and REST APIs
• 3+ years of experience with cloud platform(s), preferably AWS
• Broad experience designing, programming, and implementing large information systems.
• Understanding of software development environment and tools
• Understanding of modern software architecture
• Excellent knowledge of the software development life cycle
• Experience with Agile and Scrum development methodologies
• Ability to provide in-depth evaluation and analysis of unique complex technological issues.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent organization and time management skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to learn quickly and work independently and as part of a team
• Strong listening and requirements collecting skills