• Oil & Gas,Power Utilities,Water & Wastewater,Pipeline,Specialty Chemicals,Mining
Back to the Basics: Remediation
Accidents happen. Satelytics helps you recover.
- Problem: Managing the remediation process.
- Solution: Satelytics measures and documents progress automatically.
- Benefit: Less wasted resources in remediation efforts.
Quantification sets Satelytics apart. Period.
At my previous position in another company, Satelytics was a technology provider we contracted to push the envelope in leak detection. I saw remote sensing companies come and go. All claimed to offer detection, alerts for changes, or observation. At their core, many of these companies were simply comparing a previous image to the new one, a previous pixel to the most recent. Few could fully deliver on what they offered. Satelytics goes far beyond identification and change detection because the science behind our algorithms allows for QUANTIFICATION of constituents on land, water, and in the air.
That is a big part of the reason why I now work here.
Satelytics works in the infrared portions of the electromagnetic spectrum, analyzing the unique spectral signature of reflected sunlight to measure physical, chemical, and biological constituents. We have served our customers for years in forward-looking actions, but we also do many projects helping them remediate sites or prove/disprove liability in a court of law, saving them millions of dollars.
- We detect AND quantify heavy metals in parts per billion concentrations on land and in water.
- We measure intensity and spread of hydrocarbon contaminated sites or sheens released on a waterway during excavation.
- We detect salinity in areas that have been impacted by produced water.
- We measure nutrient loads and sediment runoff from wildfires and agriculture activities for watersheds managers.
- We measure vegetation regrowth after installation or excavation for midstream customers, where these activities are often tied to release of a financial bond.
Common to all of these scenarios is a requirement to quantify specific factors to ensure that the remediation activities are effective and complete.
Another important factor in remediation activities is to determine when the event began. Was the site contaminated over years of gradual activity or was it a catastrophic event? Satelytics customers often ask us to look back in the data archives to determine when a contamination event began and how much contamination was present at discrete points in time.
Satelytics is a powerful tool in your site remediation toolkit, allowing you to look both forward and backward to provide complete situational awareness. Ask us to show you how!
For more information, contact
Dave Dunham | (o) (419) 728-0060 ext.101 | (c) (701) 213-0294