• Oil & Gas,Pipeline,General
The Insider's Scoop: Jay Almlie
Satelytics' Director of Marketing, Jay Almlie, first experienced the innovation of Satelytics as a customer before joining our team.
Three years ago, Jay Almlie was in the same position as many of our clients: looking for a solution and not finding the right fit. Almlie was in charge of a program that engaged providers of emerging technologies for pipeline leak detection and prevention. During his time with the intelligent Pipeline Integrity Program (iPIPE), he evaluated nearly 200 of these technologies — one of which was Satelytics.
I chose to join Satelytics because I believe that, of all the technologies I evaluated, no one is poised to change how pipelines operate their business like Satelytics is.—Jay Almlie
Of all of these technologies, Almlie found about 80% were for pipeline leak detection and the other 20% were for leak prevention, with a third overall falling into the remote monitoring category.
“Many of them claimed to offer analytics as part of their technology package, but few could actually demonstrate analytics when pressed,” Almlie said of the numerous technologies he researched.
"To many, analytics means ‘snapshots,’ or maybe even shape recognition. Other than Satelytics, no one used the science of analyzing bands in the natural, reflected infrared spectrum to look for specific, calibrated signatures, and no one had processed massive amounts of real data to train their yet-to-be-developed algorithms.”
As a result, Satelytics was one of the first technologies selected by this program and was chosen for three consecutive years of demonstration in North Dakota and in New Mexico. Almlie was so impressed by Satelytics and their work that after nearly three years of working with Satelytics, he decided to join the company.
“I chose to join Satelytics because I believe that, of all the technologies I evaluated, no one is poised to change how pipelines operate their business like Satelytics is,” Almlie stated.
Satelytics offers a number of services for the pipeline industry, including:
- Hydrocarbon Leak Detection
- Right-of-Way Encroachments
- Exposure Detection: Water Crossing Erosion and Land Movements
- High Consequence Area Detection and Monitoring
- Vegetation Management and Monitoring
- Environmental Health and Safety
Satelytics, Inc. is a cloud-based geospatial analytics software suite. Multispectral and hyperspectral imagery is gathered from satellites, UAV, planes, stratospheric balloons, and fixed cameras, and is analyzed to provide both alerts and qualitative results for our customers. Data can be gathered daily and results can be sent to customers within hours. This includes the specific problem, location, magnitude, and even qualitative information, which minimizes cost, impact, and operational disruption for our clients.
For more information, contact
(o) (419) 728-0060 ext.106,
(c) (440) 725-6135